Clarity Pharmaceuticals announces key appointment
Sydney based biotech company Clarity Pharmaceuticals is pleased to announce that Professor Dale Bailey from PharmaScint, a specialist clinical trials imaging and analysis organization, has joined their expert scientific advisory group. In addition to being a Director of PharmScint, Professor Bailey is Principal Physicist in the Department of Nuclear Medicine at Sydney’s Royal North Shore Hospital and Professor in Medical Radiation Sciences at the University of Sydney.
He also leads the Neuro-Endocrine Tumour flagship of Sydney Vital – the Northern Translational Cancer Research Centre.
Professor Bailey said that it is exciting to join a new breed of innovative Australian startup that has proven expertise in attracting investment for commercialisation and the skill set to develop radiopharmaceutical product pipelines.
“My focus will be on advising the best approach to take the products from the lab to the clinic and matching the right
imaging with the pipeline products” he said.
Executive Chairman of Clarity Pharmaceuticals, Dr Alan Taylor said that “it is timely to have an esteemed nuclear
medicine physicist join our rapidly growing company as we prepare to move into early stage clinical trials with our
“Professor Bailey brings strong clinical experience and a potential collaboration with the nearby Royal North Shore
Hospital with a path to progress our radiopharmaceutical pipeline into the clinic”.
Professor Bailey will join Clarity Pharmaceuticals current scientific advisory group including:
* Dr Suzanne Smith, radiopharmaceutical design specialist at the Collider-Accelerator Department of Brookhaven
National Laboratory and Executive Board Member and Node Director of the ARC Centre of Excellence in Antimatter
* Dr Paul Donnelly, organic/inorganic chemist specialising in biology and material science, at the Donnelly Research Group, University of Melbourne, in the state-of-art laboratories of the Bio21 Institute of Molecular
Science and Biotechnology.
About Clarity Pharmaceuticals
Clarity Pharmaceuticals is a personalised medicine company focused on the treatment of serious disease. The
Company is a leader in innovative radiopharmaceutical technology, developing targeted therapies and assisting in the drug development pipeline of novel therapies for companies globally (www.claritypharmaceuticals.com).
PharmaScint (www.pharmascint.com) is a medical imaging service organisation that provides clinical imaging trial, data management, and analysis solutions to the pharmaceutical industry. The focus on this niche market is to aid clients in evaluating optimal delivery routes and optimisation for new pharmaceuticals.
PharmaScint’s intent is to:
* Work predominantly in 3D SPECT and PET imaging and investigate structure/function relations using CT and MRI
* Develop standardised methodologies and analyses for multi-centric trials;
* Further develop the concept of ‘dose modelling’ by advanced data acquisition and analysis strategies to accelerate the evaluation of new radiopharmaceutricals; * Capitalise on access to patients with a wide spectrum of conditions to provide more clinically relevant studies for clients.
Clarity Pharmaceuticals is a client of ATP Innovations, winner of the prestigious 2014 NBIA Incubator of the Year Award.
For Clarity Pharmaceuticals: Daniella Goldberg PhD, Gene Genie Media