2015: A Year in Review
We would like to congratulate all companies within the National Innovation Centre for their achievements and successes in 2015. Thankyou for your contribution and commitment to the startup community and best wishes for the year ahead.
Please take a moment to read some of our highlights for 2015.
- Startmate 2015 teams are welcomed into the Accelerator HUB and the startup community.
- All In Media has their highest number of app starts with over 2.8 million hits on Australia Day thanks to Triple J’s Hottest 100.
- Our kick-off to the new year sees end-of-month drinks merge with Ausbiotech’s Biobeer & Bubbles for the largest life science networking event in NSW.
- Pallas Advanced Learning Systems launches first product to make learning and teaching STEM easy and effective for teachers and students.
- ATP Innovations welcome’s respiratory innovation company, Breathe Well, to the award winning portfolio of clients.
- Completion of the newly renovated Accelerator HUB and grand opening, thanks to corporate sponsors Optus, Startmate, Commbank and Cook Medical.
- ATP Innovations former client and successful exit Bugcrowd seals $6 million Series A funding round.
- muru-D, ATP Innovations and Pozible join forces to present an evening on Unpacking the world of IoT.
- Breathe Well receives $588,000 from the National Health and Medical Research Council to run clinical trials of their device.
- Accelerator Program, Startmate, announces its fifth intake of startups, making it the most mature Australian startup accelerator.
- ATP Innovations’ welcomes INCUBATE class summer 2015 as part of an ongoing partnership with Incubate, a Sydney University accelerator program.
- Flirtey successfully completes a trial using drones with New Zealand’s national search and rescue organisation to help locate lost, missing and injured persons during rescue missions.
- Propeller Aero wins the people’s choice award for supplying drone data to organisations operating in in the water industry, as part of the Australian Water Association Innovation Forum 2015.
- ATP Innovations is excited to announce the appointment of Eitan Bienstock as their first Entrepreneur in Residence.
- All In Media is one of the first companies to have their Radioplayer app approved for the launch of the new Apple Watch.
- Stanford Australia Association & Blackbird Ventures joins ATP Innovations for a presentation and discussion with Stanford GSB Professor Jennifer Aaker.
- ATP Innovations welcomes Mizzen and Bigstone Capital to the client portfolio. Mizzen is a the new marketplace for Freight Forwarders to buy Shipping Line spot container space between major Asian and Australian ports. Bigstone Capital is a loan market dedicated to small business.
- Online education startup Edrolo sets sights on expansion following $2.6 million raise to provide learning resources for year 12 students.
- ATP Innovations joins CeBIT 2015 for Asia Pacific’s largest & longest running business technology event.
- Mobile payments and transportation network startup Ingogo, raises $12 million in a Series C funding round that values the company at close to $100 million.
- Former head of design for Google & Yahoo & operating partner Khosla Ventures, Irene Au, teams up with ATP Innovations for an evening of UX Design and customer value.
- Clarity Pharmaceuticals signs licensing agreement with Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute for the ongoing development of radiopharmaceutical products.
- ATP Innovations former client and successful exit Bugcrowd signs deal with electric car maker Tesla Motors.
- Griffin Accelerator Program announces the successful applicants for 2015 with all seven companies receiving an investment of up to $300,000 over a three month period.
- Flirtey and NASA team to execute the first FAA-approved drone deliveries in America.
- The Lord Mayor of Sydney, Clover Moore, meets the team from ATP Innovations and spends time with SONDER and Pallas ALS.
- ATP Innovations launches the Startup Field Guide for entrepreneurs and industry professionals.
- Tasmania’s statewide water corporation TasWater uses Propeller technology as part of a major $15 million upgrade of the Ridgeway Dam.
- Companies from Canberra’s GRIFFIN Accelerator program win multiple awards at the Australian Information Industry Digital Canberra iAwards (AIIA).
- ATP Innovations is announced as the UBI Global incubator of the week.
- Flirtey successfully delivers demonstration at Lonesome Pine in the first ever FAA approved flight in the USA.
- Co-founder of Stripe, John Collison, and co-founder of Blackbird Ventures team up with ATP Innovations for a fireside chat.
- All In Media introduces a new car mode to its online listening platform Radioplayer to the iphone and Android.
- ATP Innovations officially welcomes three new companies to the client portfolio. SONDER design, a smart keyboard company, Nano X, a pioneer in advanced cancer radiation therapy and Checkvault an Escrow payment service.
- Breathe Well receives a $400,000 investment from Sydney Seed Fund to help develop improved cancer radiotherapy treatments.
- Clarity Pharmaceuticals and the University of Melbourne are co-awarded an Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Grant to progress their partnership on diagnostic imaging valued at $365,000.
- Startmate triples its funding pool from $50,000 to $150,000 and partners with Droga5 to help 2016 participants with storytelling.
- ingogo launches SME mobile payments platform announcing their wireless payment platform.
- ATP Innovations officially welcomes SpringDay & ezycollect to the client portfolio. SpringDay is a company dedicated to customising corporate wellbeing and Ezycollect is an accounts receivable and debt collection software company.
- BIGSTONE Capital and The Interface Financial Group (IFG), sign a deal to deliver a much needed cost effective and flexible invoice finance product funded by a peer-to-peer market platform.
- The Minister of Health, Sussan Ley, officially opens the Neuclone clean room facility for the further development of biosimilars.
- CSIRO launches AcceleratiOn accelerator program with 9 hand-picked teams using ATP Innovations Accelerator HUB as their home base during the intensive program.
- Endoluminal Sciences and Clarity Pharmaceuticals feature in the Federal Government’s Dealflow Entrepreneurs Programme Aug – Oct 2015.
- Calumino trials thermal imaging technology in the Accelerator HUB designed to activate and maintain lighting from thermal body heat.
- Envizi makes the ‘Emerging Participants and New Entrants in the Energy Management Market 2015’ for changing the energy management landscape and introducing technology advancements in big data.
- Mizzen, a Freight Forwarders’ marketplace for shipping container space between major Asian and Australian ports appoints industry veteran, Llew Russell AM to its Board of Directors.
- ATP Innovations hosts a 2-day Successful Innovation workshop for 65 of the best Sydney-based Post Graduate students in ICT, engineering and life science.
- Propeller Aerobotics has raises $1 million from investors including Blackbird Ventures to move into the international market with drone mapping technology.
- LX Group unveils a unique IoT hardware core for accelerating the development of commercial IoT solutions at the Everything IoT conference.
- Bio-molecular diagnostics manufacturer, SpeeDx, successfully launches new product to detect sexually transmitted infections and SNPs conferring antimicrobial resistance.
- Pallas ALS launches new range of edtech products based on cutting edge research involving intelligent virtual reality systems and computer modeling and visualization technologies.
- ATP Innovations officially welcomes Nano-X to the client portfolio. Nano X is an innovative cancer treatment system that will change how radiation therapy is delivered.
- The Hon. Jillian Skinner, NSW Minister for Health, awards two international engagement scholarships and two Technology Commercialisation Grants at the Medical Device Showcase 2015.
- ATP Innovations makes the top three university business incubators in the Asia-Pacific region, in an announcement at the 2015 Asia-Pacific Incubation Forum and UBI Awards hosted in Taipei.
- ATP Innovations welcomes Industrial Innovations to the client portfolio. Industrial Innovations is a company designed to take 3D-printing to a new level in the automotive industry.
- Nano-X wins the Tech23 Innovation Excellence Award for affordable radiotherapy machines and the CSIRO Breakthrough Innovation Award with a cash prize of $15k. Respiratory innovation company Breathe Well and drone platform company Propeller are also awarded for their successes in the startup industry.
- ATP Innovations end-of-year party kicks off to celebrate the successes of 2015!